I want strategy/planning to Crack CAT 17, in short need little motivation from other CAT aspirants and want to know, how their preparations are going on.

Help!

1 Answer
1-1 of  1
1 Answer
  • CAT is an exam that tests your expertise in 3 basic fields: 
    1. Mathematics and Data Interpretation
    2. English and Reading Comprehension
    3. Logical Reasoning

If you are serious for CAT, you cannot ignore any one of the sections. One has to be a jack of all the three sections to ace the test, this becomes more important since one never knows what the composition of the CAT paper is going to be next year. 

I started preparing for CAT 2014 sometime in August 2014, and only prepared using Self-Study. So, this article should help you if you are interested in preparing on your own, not looking up to any of the coaching classes.

First and foremost you should do is to figure how much time you have and then judge yourself as to which section do you need to work more on. For example I knew I had to work more for English part than mathematics or logical reasoning. 

Second thing must be to decide your sources of preparation based on these judgments about your strengths and weaknesses and time availability. You will find a plethora of books and websites and coaching centers available to you - choose wisely.

Third and last thing : Now that you have the materials, work out a plan to prepare. Be sure to include 3 things in your planning:
    a) Time to cover the theory of each of the 3 sections.
    b) Time to write mock tests and review them. 
    c) Leave last 2 weeks for relaxing rather than slogging at the end. 

cat
Practice Mock Test
cat