I am a student of 3 years bsc course, studying in 2nd year. so I desperately want to do well in cat and prepare for it. but I don't know where to start from.

please help.

• Sagnik
  • 12 जून
  • 1830 दृश्य
  • 7 उत्तर
Your Answer

CAT Exam is conducted in the month of November every year. So, if you are in second year right now, you will be giving the exam in your final year In November and the score of CAT is valid for an year. There are only 5 months left for the exam but you can still score a good Percentile.
As there is  very less time left for the exam, you can join a coaching centre for the fastrack course as they will provide proper guidance regarding the high scoring sections and conduct mock tests.
 You can also do self study and utilise your time correctly to cover the whole syllabus from the given books and prep tests.
There are total 3 sections in CAT exam: VARC(Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension),DILR(Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning),Quantitative Aptitute.
There are total 100 questions in the CAT and the given time is 3 hours.
Correct Answer:+3
Incorrect Answer:-1
SECTION 1(VARC)
Number of questions:34
Books To Refer:
1.       How to Prepare for Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension for CAT by Meenakshi Upadhyay and Arun Sharma 
2.       The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Nishit Sinha 
3.       Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis

You should start reading novels, newspapers, magazines, etc. This will increase your vocabulary and will help you in this section.

SECTION 2(DILR)
Number Of Questions:32
Books To Refer:
1.       A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
2.       How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma
3.       Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation by Nishit Sinha 
SECTION 3(Quantitative Aptitute)
Number Of Questions:34
Books To Refer:
1.       How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma
2.       Quantitative Aptitude Quantum by Sarvesh Kumar 

For any guidance and prep test, please refer this link

cat
मॉक परीक्षण अभ्यास के लिए
cat