Please give all the relevant information regarding SBI PO Prelim Exam.
This exam is for the post of PO conducted by State bank of India. PO or Probationary officer is an entry level position to start your career in banking sector.
It consists of two rounds-prelim and mains. The one who clears the prelims goes for mains and after clearing mains, the candidate is called for group discussion or/and interview as further selection rounds. This exam is usually held in the month of June. If you are willing to appear for this exam, then you should know every detail. Today,I will tell you the eligibility criteria,How you can fill form for it,preparation tips and other information related to the exam.
· You should be an Indian citizen
· Age limit: between 21 to 30 years as in the month of April.
· Educational qualification: Must have a graduation degree
· No. of attempts: It depends on the category of the candidate:
For general, 4 attempts ,OBC 7 attempts and if you are SC or ST candidate, then you can appear for the exams as many time as you wish. There’s no restriction.
The exam is divided into three sections:
· English Language
· Quantitative aptitude
· Reasoning ability
All questions are objective type with 30 questions in first section carrying 30 marks and 35 questions in second and third section carrying 35 marks each. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Duration for exam is 1 hour .20 mins for each section.
Registration fees for the exam is Rs.750 for general candidates and Rs.125 for SC,ST and PWD.
How to prepare for exam
· For scoring in English Language section, Focus on areas like one-word substitution, antonyms, synonyms ,improve your vocabulary and Grammar
· For General awareness, cover subjects like banking awareness, history, geography, political science, economics etc.
· For reasoning, you can play games and solve puzzles.
· Practice mock tests once you feel you are done with your syllabus. For mock tests,I would recommend you Youth4work prep tests. It contains variety of questions which will help you to increase your knowledge and boost up your confidence. Practice as much tests as you can as “Practice makes the man perfect”.
Refer to the link for more understanding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hmPOKfUgh8