What is RBI exam all about?What is its eligibility criteria,exam pattern etc?
RBI standing for Reserve bank of India is India’s central banking institution that handles its economic stability and growth. It performs various functions such as it implements India’s monetary policy,issue currency and coins,manage foreign exchange etc.The importance of Reserve Bank has increased to a great extent in recent years due to increase in country’s GDP.For performing such large no. functions it hires various skilled candidates for which it conduct a national level exam.The exam is conducted every year and the interested candidates can apply online.It involves computer based exam and online interview for selection.
· Nationality:You must be an Indian Citizen or should hold certificates issued by Indian Government.
· Age limit:Your minimum age should be 21 years and maximum 30 years ,however if you are having a M.Phil or phD degree,your maximum age can be 31 or 33 years respectively.
· Educational Qualification:
v You must hold a first class bachelor degree with a minimum of 60% marks( in case of SC/ST/PH -50%. Or
v A second class master degree with minimum of 55%. Or
v A doctorate degree with 50% marks in masters. Or
v Chartered/Cost Accountant/Company Secretory with a Bachelor’s Degree. Or
v A Post Graduate Diploma in management from IIM only.
The exam is divided into two phases:
-Consists of objective type questions which tests reasoning,quantitative aptitude,English and General Awareness.
- Total Marks:200 marks
-Negative marking:1/4 marks
Only Qualified candidates of phase 1 can appear for phase 2
-Consists of three papers with objective type questions,
Paper 1 –English(Writing Skills)
Paper2-Economic and Social Issues
Paper3-Finance and Management/Economics/Statistics
-Duration:1.5 hours for each paper
-Total Marks:300 marks(100 for each paper)
-Negative marking:1/4 marks
Based on the results of phase II,the candidates are shortlisted for Interviews
-Candidates may answer the interview either in Hindi or English
- Total marks:50 marks
Final Selection is done on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in phase 2 and interviews.
Link to whole Syllabus is given in the description
Tips and Tricks
· Keep Yourself updated with current affairs to score in General Awareness section.
· For scoring in English,ensure correct usage of Spelling,Grammar and punctuation.
· For scoring in Finance and Management,you must have knowledge about topics like inflation,banking sector,corporate,governance etc.
· Attempt your paper smartly.Try not to loose marks in negative marking.
· Keep your basics/Concepts clear for clearing interview round.
· Practice mock tests once you feel you are done with your syllabus.For mock tests ,I would recommend you Youth4work prep tests.The link is given in the description.It contains variety of questions which will help you to increase your knowledge and boost up your confidence.Practice as much tests as you can as “Practice makes the man perfect”.
watch our youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkaKPvXu56U&list=PLKQu-ix31TLI9SpyKzEXQfeZ9WxS2-U_w&index=2