What is the pattern of UPSC exam?
UPSC course of study – Civil Services test
Civil Services test contains of 2 mandatory papers of two hundred marks every (General Studies Paper I and General Studies Paper II). The queries are going to be of multiple selections, objective kind. The marks in prelims won't be counted for final ranking, however only for qualification for main communicating.
The Commission can draw a listing of candidates to be qualified for government officials (Main) Examination supported the criterion of minimum qualifying marks of thirty third normally Studies PaperII of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination and total qualifying marks of General Studies Paper-I of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination as is also determined by the Commission.
UPSC course of study for Paper I – (200 marks) Duration: 2 hours (Counted for the advantage rank within the Prelims)
• Current events of national and international importance.
• History of Asian nation and Indian National Movement.
• Indian and World earth science – Physical, Social, geography of Asian nation and therefore the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, social group, Panchayati rule, Public Policy, Rights problems, etc.
• Economic and Social Development property Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
• General problems on surroundingsal Ecology, Bio-diversity and global climate change – that don't need subject specialization.
• General Science.
UPSC course of study for Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: 2 hours (Not counted for the advantage rank in Prelims however a qualifying Paper; simply desires thirty third marks)
• Interpersonal skills as well as communication skills.
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
• Decision-making and problem-solving.
• General power.
• Basic acquirement (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), information interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, information sufficiency etc. – category X level).
UPSC course of study – Civil Services Mains communicating
A candidate’s rank in communicating depends solely on the mark scored in Main and Interview. The most communicating has 1750 marks whereas interview has 275 marks.
The written examination (main) can comprises the subsequent 9 papers, however solely seven papers are going to be counted for final advantage ranking. For the r