What is the pay band of the employee recruited through AFCAT, what is the in-hand salary of AFCAT Flying Officer, what are the job profiles of AFCAT employees?
AFCAT Salary: Job Profile, Salary, Career Growth
AFCAT is conducted to recruit the candidates for Flying Branch, Ground Staff (Technical Post) and Ground Staff (Non-Technical Post) for the courses to be commenced in July 2021. The online exam will be conducted on September 19 – 20, 2020, AFCAT Exam Dates.
The candidates who qualify the AFCAT, Interview and Medical Exam will be paid according to Level 10 in the Pay Matrix (Rs. 56100 – 110700). The candidates will be provided all the perks and allowances such as Travel Allowance (TA), Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent allowance and such more.
The qualified candidate will be paid Rs. 56100 as monthly stipend before getting commissioned during the course of training (in the last year of training). The candidates who will be commissioned as the Flying Officer will be paid according to the mentioned Pay Band:
1. Pay Band (It is common for all branches): Rs 56100 per month
2. Military Service Pay: Rs 15500 per month
The in-hand salary of the qualified candidate for Flying Branch Officer is Rs. 85372, the final salary amount of candidates may vary according to the post. The candidate selected as Ground Staff (Technical Post) will be paid a sum amount of Rs. 74872 and for Non-Technical Post of Ground Staff will be paid Rs. 71872.
AFCAT Job Profile:
The candidates recruited through AFCAT exam will be commissioned as Flying Branch Officer, Ground Staff (Technical and Non-technical Post). The job profile for the three posts will be different accordingly. The job profile has been mentioned here:
1. AFCAT Flying Branch Officer Job Profile
The candidate who will qualify all the three stages of AFCAT Selection process; AFCAT+EKT, AFSB Interview and Medical Examination will have to:
• Operating and looking after the fighter planes along with their combat.
• Ammunition tasks Transportation
• Material Transportation
• Air Support and Supplies
• Helicopters are in the service during casual or any emergency situation.
2. AFCAT Ground Staff (Technical Post) Job Profile
The qualified candidates for the technical post of Ground Staff will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Maintenance of all the technical equipment and tools used in the airplanes.
• Management of qualified technicians
• Technical protocols and management in the airplane
• The arrangement of the necessary equipment and tools for other technicians involved in jobs of RADAR etc.
• The aircraft service management
3. AFCAT Ground Staff (Non-Technical Post) Job Profile
• Management of ATC (Air Traffic Controller)
• Logistics Department
• Accounts Department
Career Growth Opportunities for AFCAT candidates:
The candidates will be promoted according to the timeline they have served in the Indian Air Force.
1. The Flying Officers who have served for 3 years will get promoted to the Flight Lieutenant after qualifying the examination taken by the respective department.
2. The employee who has served for 6 years will get promoted to Squadron Leader.
3. The engineers who are employed as Technical officers will be promoted for seniority of 2 years and accordingly, the pay will get incremented.
4. All officers are required to appear for C’ exam for the promotion in the department and Rank. The C’ exam will have general awareness questions along with the relevant topics of the concerned post.
Perks enjoyed by IAF employees:
The employees enjoy additional benefits along with the salary that is offered, the perks such as
1. Medical Benefits
3. Loan Facility
4. Post-Retirement Benefits
5. Scholarship and Welfares
7. Travel Concessions, accommodation etc