LIC AAO also known as LIC Assistant Administrative Officer is a desk job in the government office of LIC department. LIC conducts an exam namely LIC AAO to fill in the vacant posts for AAO in their offices. The exam is conducted in the 1st and 2nd week of march. An Assistant Administrative Officer is liable for working in Insurance sector and is responsible for doing the tasks such as formulating new schemes, inspecting policies, Managing and filing Claims and Settlements of new and old policies also Coordinating with other departments, providing assistance and performing any work specified by department head or administrative Officer. An Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) is also bond to Interact with Clients providing them assistance and Inspecting existing policies for errors or misleading fact. Minimum educational qualification required to appear for the LIC AAO exam is a Bachelor's or Master's degree in any stream. The minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum should not be more than 30 years whereas age relaxation is applicable as per the category. The selection will be made on the basis of objective type online exam which is followed by an interview.
LIC AAO: Exam Pattern
Type: Computer Based test (Online Mode)
Duration: The duration of the LIC AAO exam will be of 120 minutes.
No. of Questions: 160 Objective type questions.
Syllabus Covered: Reasoning Ability,Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Computer Knowledge and English Language with special emphasis on Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension.
Marking Scheme: marks awarded are sectional wise and varies per section for every correct answer and 1/4 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Understanding the competition
Understanding the competition is an important step before appearing for any competitive exam, LIC AAO is a government job with a healthy salary and a comfortable lifestyle. With a starting salary package of Rs 40,000/- per month, this post is taking on the minds of job aspirants also the position have a fair chance of promotion. All these perks lead to a high competition for the limited number of vacancies across the country. The examination pattern is simple and objective based with an interview for those who get the passing marks in the computer based test.
Following are interesting insights from nearly 1.2 million question attempts on LIC AAO Prelims practice tests on Youth4work. Every aspirant is rated on a Rating Scale. The ratings of the aspirants change with every question attempt.
-Maximum number of candidates practice for English Comprehension followed by General Awareness then Quantitative Aptitude and finally General Intelligence and Reasoning. This shows that most candidates find English Comprehension section either critical or difficult.
-The standard deviation for General Awareness is the lowest amongst the four sections, indicating that the competition in this section is very close.
-Standard deviation for Quantitative aptitude is highest, this shows that there is a large variation in the Quantitative Aptitude marks.
LIC AAO Syllabus
Linear Seating, Arrangement Circular Seating, Arrangement Syllogisms, Input-Output Inequalities, Venn Diagrams, Number Series, Coding & Decoding, Miscellaneous
Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, Simplification, and Approximation, Number Series, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Arithmetic Aptitude, Average, Percentage, Time & Work, Time & Speed, Profit & Lost, Menstruation Geometry, Pie Chart.
BASIC ENGLISH LANGUAGE
Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms, Word formation, and sentence correction. Comprehension: Theme detection, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, and Passage Correction, Sentence correction. Spelling: Grammar, Idioms, and Phrases.
Awards & Honors Sports, Finance, Agriculture, Indian economy International Economy, UNO, Marketing, Indian constitution, History of Banking, countries/currencies, Books & Their Authors, Banking Terms, Fiscal-Monetary Policies, etc.
Internet, Computer Basics, Microsoft Office, Operating Systems, Networking, Cyber Security, Computer Software Computer, Memory, Computer Architecture, Input and Output Devices, Data Base Management System (DBMS), Microsoft Windows.
Preparation tips for LIC AAO
• You need to finish three sections of LIC AAO within 120 minutes, which means you need speed with accuracy in order to attempt 160 questions in total. The more you practice, the better chances you have of acing this exam.
• Make mathematics and reasoning your strong subjects, practice questions to solve them within time to increase efficiency. You should lay emphasis not on mugging up the formulas but instead try understanding the concepts, so, you can modify the formulas according to the question requirement.
• Remember negative marking is a factor here. Therefore, try not to attempt questions that put you in doubt.
• Manage your time properly; give an appropriate amount of time to each section. Try to improve your time by practicing as many online tests as possible. Youth4work provides online mock tests will time limit attached to each question; this way one can learn to finish the entire exam within the time limit.
• Studying in a stretch for hours can be tedious and hard and also not so good. Therefore, try to study several times in regular sessions during a day. This will make learning easy and fun, also you will have enough time to brush up the already studied topics in between intervals.
• It is very important to maintain proper health, so you don’t fall sick on the big day. Give your brain an appropriate time to refresh itself. Don’t rush too much information into your head than its limit allows. Take it slow and steady. And get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
Youth4work Prep Tests
Online practice tests for competitive exams – are very unique and popular among aspirants. Aspirants can take self-designed mock-tests as well as practice for sections and topics separately. Youth4work’s unique and proprietary technology is helping lakhs of aspirants to reveal personal details on what are the strength areas of aspirants for any exam and also suggest how they can improve the performance.
Following are interesting insights from nearly lakhs of question attempts on LIC AAO exam practice tests on Youth4work. Every aspirant is rated on a Rating Scale. The ratings of the aspirants change with every question attempt.