How are previous papers helpful?

Can you please suggest me a few referral books to study for GATE CSE 2019?

10 Answers
1-10 of  10
10 Answers
  • It is generally said that you must practice as much mocks as possible. So, try to solve the previous year question papers also you will definitely get an idea of the questions and pattern of the question paper. 

• As a reference they can be useful.

• suppose you are using the privious papers so it helps to what type of question is arrive or not or some times same question is there so it can be solve easily.

• 1 ) Previous paper is most useful,it like reference .
    2) with help of previous paper we can imagine our ;next upcoming paper.
    3) some time it might be happen previous year paper questions can be repeated in upcomming exam.
    4) so that it is benificial for use, for improve our performance.
    5) previous year paper is noting but pattern paper.

• Being from a CS background, I'll give you the following algorithm.

Step1: Collect quality GATE material if you plan not to join a coaching Institute. Made easy has good materials and you can easily find them online.

Step2: Buy ample stationary as you would need. I thick copy for each subject is what I suggest.

Step3: Lay the foundation first i.e. make your plan of action. As in what time to study. How to study. I would suggest 4hrs a day only for gate is enough.

Step4: Complete the theory part thoroughly at first one chapter at a time. Mastering concepts is a must.

Step5: Solve previous year questions of the chapter you finished.

Step6: Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each chapter.

Step7: Once done with all chapters, sign up for mock test.

Step8: Do self-evaluation after every test.

Note: Revision and consistence is a must.

Also, keep at least one month for emergency reasons.

I hope that helps.

• Being from a CS background, I'll give you the following algorithm.

Step1: Collect quality GATE material if you plan not to join a coaching Institute. Made easy has good materials and you can easily find them online.

Step2: Buy ample stationary as you would need. I thick copy for each subject is what I suggest.

Step3: Lay the foundation first i.e. make your plan of action. As in what time to study. How to study. I would suggest 4hrs a day only for gate is enough.

Step4: Complete the theory part thoroughly at first one chapter at a time. Mastering concepts is a must.

Step5: Solve previous year questions of the chapter you finished.

Step6: Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each chapter.

Step7: Once done with all chapters, sign up for mock test.

Step8: Do self-evaluation after every test.

Note: Revision and consistence is a must.

Also, keep at least one month for emergency reasons.

I hope that helps.

• Previous paper provide the exam pattern and no. of questions coming from the which subject more. We can check the range of toughness of questions being asked. While you prepare for GATE , your mind would be full of if and buts. One of the very strongest ifs/ buts could be what kind of questions will come in the paper? You may also feel the pressure of the difficulty level of the question paper or about the uncertainty of the exam pattern. Marking scheme, time allotted to complete the paper would also add to your confusion. However, there is one solution to all these questions - GATE Sample Papers/ Mock Tests. If you follow the preparation strategy of the GATE toppers of last few years, you would find "previous years question papers" as the most common element of their preparation, a major contributor in their success.

• Solving previous year papers are really one of the most intelligent approach to score very good in an exam. They give you a proper idea about the questions asked and paper pattern.

• Previous papers might have many repeated questions so it is important

gate computer science (cs)
Practice Mock Test
gate computer science (cs)