What is the eligibility criteria for CDS-Combined Defense Services Exam?

What is the eligibility criteria for CDS-Combined Defense Services Exam?

2 Answers
1-2 of  2
2 Answers
  • Graduation with science streem or equivalent other like engineering Age-19-25 years

• Eligibility Criteria for CDS-Combined Defense Services Exam.
    (a) Nationality : A candidate must either be :
    1. a citizen of India, or
    2. a subject of Bhutan, or
    3. a subject of Nepal, or
    4. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
    5. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.

Educational Qualifications:

For IMA /OTA(Officers Training Academy) : A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.

For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution

For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10 +2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering

For IMA: Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only eligible.

For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding; the year of examination i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st july 1999 only eligible.

For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 20-24 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1998 only eligible.

For Officers Training Academy: (SSC Course for men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st july 1999 only eligible.

For Officers Training Academy—(SSC Women Non -Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.

They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1999

For More Details on CDS, please go here: - CDS- Combined Defense Service
    For Convenience Exam Preparation,You can download CDS 2017 Exam Prep on your Smartphone.

cds
Practice Mock Test
cds