· AFCAT exam was first conducted in 2011 for recruiting candidates for Air Force held by Indian Air Force twice every year in the months of February & August.
· It’s recruitment is done in 3 Departments- Flying Branch (Fighters, Transporters, Helicopters), Technical Branch (Mechanical & Electronics), Ground Duty Branch (Administration, Accounts, Logistics, Meteorology & Education). ELIGIBILITY
· The Minimum Education Qualifications for Flying Branch is 60% marks in Graduation in B.E or B.Tech or cleared Section A & B Examination of Institution of Engineer or 12th Class with Physics & Mathematics with 60% Marks.The age limit is 20 years to 25 years as the Upper age limit.
· The Minimum Education Qualifications for Technical Branch is four or three year’s degree in the field of Engineering or cleared Section A & B Examination of Institution of Engineer or 60% in Aeronautical Engineering or 12th Class with Physics & Mathematics with 60% Marks.
The age limit is 20 to 26 years as the Upper age Limit.
· The Minimum Education Qualifications for Ground Duty Branch is 60% in any discipline or 60% in Aeronautical society of India with 60% Marks or cleared Section A & B Examination of Institution of Engineer or 60% in Aeronautical Engineering or B.Com with a minimum of 60% Marks for Accounts Posts. The age limit is 20 years and 25 years as the Upper age limit.
· Unmarried Candidates, divorcees are allowed to appear for the exam and the chosen candidates will be selected in the interested Indian Army Force posts through Interviews held by SSB (State Service Board which conducts personality and Intelligence test along with Interview to find the suitable candidate for the Armed Forces through group activities, screening tests, psychological tests and moreEXAM PATTERN
· TOTAL TIME is 2 hours
NUMBER OF QUESTIONS to be attempted are 100
CORRECT ANSWER gives +3
INCORRECT ANSWER -1
There are total 4 sections in the exam:
1) GENERAL AWARENESS (20marks)(60questions)
2) VERBAL ABILITY(30questions)(90marks)
3) NUMERICAL ABILTY(15questions)(45marks)
4)REASONING & MILITARY APTITUDE(35questions)(105marks)
watch our youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIXvNy8pDbk&list=PLKQu-ix31TLKIcHDog7od2pv9SwIWTeN8&index=2