Common entrance test (CET) Delhi polytechnic is a state level entrance exam of polytechnic conducted by Department of Training and Technical Education, Delhi. It is conducted for the candidates who wish to pursue full time diploma courses in engineering and non-engineering courses. There will be different tests for different Diploma courses under the CET Delhi polytechnic; TEST 1 will be conducted for all Engineering/Technology based Diploma Courses & Occupational Courses, TEST 2 will be conducted for all Diploma Course in Modern Office Practice–English, TEST 3 will be conducted for all Diploma Course in Modern Office Practice–Hindi and TEST 4 will be conducted for all Diploma Course in Pharmacy. There is also provision for Lateral Entry (For admission directly in 2nd Year). It is advisable to the interested candidates to go through the “INFORMATION BULLETIN for Admission to Full-Time Diploma Programmes in Various Institutes affiliated to Board of Technical Education, Delhi” fin order to get detailed information on all courses.Eligibility Criteria
A Candidate must have passed class 12th examination with Physics and Chemistry as core Subjects along with one of the Mathematics / Biology (Botany and Zoology) OR
must have passed class 12th with Mathematics as one of the Subject or class 12th with Vocational or must have passed class 12th Science with Technical.
Candidates who are willing to pursue in second year diploma courses are required to have 10th + (2 Year ITI) with appropriate Trade.
Candidates who have passed 12th of (10+2) PCMB / ITI and are from outside Delhi are not eligible for admission against the seat marked for Lateral Entry (LE).
NOTE: The students admitted in 3rd Semester in any Institute of Technology/ Polytechnic through Lateral Entry will be required to pass the Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, Applied Chemistry & Applied Science theory subjects of 1st year Diploma Course of the respective discipline. Exam Pattern
· CET Delhi polytechnic exam will be conducted in an offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based test.
· The question paper will consist of 150 objective type questions.
· For test 1, 4 and 5, the medium of question booklet will be English and Hindi i.e. Bilingual. For test 2, the medium of question booklet will be English only and for test 3, the medium will be Hindi only.
· The duration of the examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes..
· Four marks will be awarded for every right answer and 1 mark will get deducted for every incorrect answer. Counselling
· Candidates who will qualify the CET Delhi polytechnic exam will further go for counseling.
· Candidates will be required to pay Rs. 700/- that will be non-refundable + Rs 15/-bank charges + Rs 3/- (GST) as fee to participate in counseling.
· Candidates can login to check the allotment of seats. Candidates must freeze their seats after each round of counseling.
· After two or three rounds of counseling, spot counseling will be arranged if seats still left vacant.Tips and Tricks.
· There is negative marking in the exam so try to attempt only those questions which you are sure of.
· There are 150 questions and 2 hour and 30 minutes are allotted for it , so you have to be speedy with accuracy.
· Whatever new concepts you learn; make it a habit of practicing them regularly so you do not forget key topics. Because you will not have enough time to prepare all the syllabus topics proficiently, so you must master those you are comfortable with.
· Candidate should practice mock tests which will help in improving time management and identify weaknesses. For this purpose, I would recommend you the prepguru app by youth4work.
For more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPPmk0PoyBY&list=PLKQu-ix31TLJZbkH0C54YTXD4EdddbkSN