SBI PO PRELIMS EXAM PATTERN for 2019
Before appearing for the exam one most know the insight of it, so that the candidate is well prepared. The exam will be conducted in three phases-
1) PRELIMINARY EXAM- which will be divided by 3 sections
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
Time duration for the Prelims will be 1 hour and there will be 100 questions and the entire section will be of 100 marks.
2) MAINS – consists of 4 sections
- Reasoning and computer aptitude
- Data analysis and interpretation
- General/Economy/Banking awareness
- English language
Time durations for the mains will be 3 hours and will consist of 150 questions and total weightage would be 200 marks.
Then there will be the third phase of test,
3) Descriptive test- will be conducted to judge and know your writing skills. In this test you’ll be given essays and paragraphs to write and time duration given will be 30 minutes. Once you are clear with the Prelims and Mains you’ll be eligible for this test.
All these three tests will be having separate admit cards.
Those appearing for the objective exams must know that there will be negative marking for every wrong answer 1/4th marks will get deducted.
After the third phase you’ll be called for group discussions and personal interview.
Group discussion will carry 20 marks Interview will carry 30 marks
Final score will be based on MAINS score and GD and Interview. prelims score would not be taken into consideration for further selection.
All the candidates will be allowed to take limited no of attempts: for
General – 4
General PWD – 7
OBC – 7
SC/SC (PWD)/ST/ST(PWD) – No restrictions
To know about the Syllabus, Important Dates and other details of the exam, Click here