MBA aspirants work throughout the year to crack exams to get into prestigious business schools. One such exam is SNAP which stands for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test.
To start with, this exam is conducted once a year for entry into 15 institutes all over India. The score is valid for an entire year.
ELIGIBILITY- There are certain rules and regulations that have been set aside as the eligibility criteria for taking these exams.
A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised college/university with at least 50 per cent aggregate marks.
Scheduled caste/scheduled tribe category candidates should secure a minimum of 45 per cent in their graduation from any recognised institute across disciplines.
Candidates who have obtained foreign degrees/qualifications shoul it verified from AIU before applying for admission to any programme under Symbiosis University.
The final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for SNAP exam. However, they must complete their bachelor's degree with the requisite aggregate percentage or equivalent CGPA during admission.
· Total time: 2 hours
· Total questions: 130
· Exam medium : English
· Exam mode: online
· There are total 4 sections into which the examination paper is divided:
· SECTION 1: General English (30 NORMAL QUESTIONS + 5 SPECIAL QUESTIONS) (40 MARKS)
· SECTION 2: Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency30 NORMAL QUESTIONS + 5 SPECIAL QUESTIONS) (40 MARKS)
· SECTION 3: Analytical & Logical Reasoning30 NORMAL QUESTIONS + 5 SPECIAL QUESTIONS) (40 MARKS)
· SECTION 4: Current Affairs (20 NORMAL QUESTIONS + 5 SPECIAL QUESTIONS)
· Correct answer: +1(normal question) +2(special question)
· Incorrect answer: -0.25(normal question)-0.50(special question)
SYLLABUS 1. General English
· This section comprises all the components of English Language and the major parts covered are English Language, Reading Comprehension Passages, Verbal Reasoning and Verbal Ability.
2. Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency
· This section syllabus comprises questions on Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency. Although Questions on Data Interpretation are limited, they sometimes prove lengthier than questions on Quant and consume major part of the time.
3. Current Affairs
· Current Affairs Syllabus in SNAP is limited to the current affairs of last 2 years. 4. Analytical and Logical Ability
· This section includes areas like computing, visualization, articulation, and problem solving, topics. The questions may be in the set form or may be individual ones depending upon the shape of the problem.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Taking into consideration the examination pattern and the syllabus allocated for these exams, we have come up with a few methods to help you crack these exams in a smooth manner.
1. Practise makes a man perfect. Keeping this in mind keep up on the practise in solving various problems which require analytical reasoning and logic.
2. Keep up with your reading as it helps in comprehending problems set for the English language.
3. Current affairs are of vital importance. So keep listening to the news and panel discussions.
4. Keep the mind relaxed. Setting a schedule for study helps in dividing the workload. Smart work requires less of hard work.
5. Lastly take as many mock tests as possible. This helps in setting up a mode of practise to time yourself while solving problems. For this I would suggest that you download the PREPGURU application built for this very purpose by Youth4Work.
Watch our Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPeGfCw8eFY&list=PLKQu-ix31TLJigZtbvXp8si2oX9hVIUpy