What is pattern of UPSC Examination ?

Pattern of Examination

• Kundan
  • 06 abr.
  • 2242 Visto
  • 8 Respuestas
Your Answer

UPSC Exam Pattern:

Union Public Service Commission holds a vast umbrella having questions from various topics. UPSC conducts a common exam for various posts and it is conducted in three stages:

► UPSC Preliminary Exam
► UPSC Mains Exam
► Personality Test/ Personal Interview

UPSC Prelims Exam Pattern:

The Prelims exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 (General Studies) and Paper 2 (Civil Services Aptitude Test).

■ Paper I Pattern :

1. Paper 1 will have 100 questions of 200 marks.
2. The questions asked will be of objective type.
3. The exam duration for Paper 1 is 2 hours.
4. The candidate will be awarded 2 marks for every correct answer and a negative marking of 1/3 will be deducted for the incorrect answers.

■ Paper 2 Pattern:

1. Paper 2 will have 80 questions of 200 marks.
2. The questions asked will be of objective type.
3. The exam duration for Paper 2 is 2 hours.
4. The candidate will be awarded 2.5 marks for every correct answer and a negative marking of 1/3 will be deducted for the incorrect answers.

**Both Prelims Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be bilingual: English and Hindi

UPSC Mains Exam Pattern:

1. The candidates who will qualify UPSC Prelims Exam will only be suitable to give UPSC Mains Exam. UPSC Mains Exam stage will have 9 papers that will include two qualifying papers (Language Exam)  that will have questions of descriptive type.
2. The duration of each exam will be 3 hours.
3. Paper A and Paper B (language Papers) will be qualifying papers for 300 marks each.
4. Paper A is an Indian language exam that the candidate has to choose from the official languages of India.
5. The remaining 7 papers are for 250 marks constituting to 1750 marks for the examination.

6. The nine papers of UPSC Mains Exam are:

Paper A: The Indian Language Exam
Paper B: English Language
► Paper - I: Essay (Can be written in the medium or language of the candidate's choice)
► Paper-II: General Studies- I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society) 
► Paper-III: General Studies- II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) 
► Paper-IV: General Studies- III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management) 
► Paper-V: General Studies- IV (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude) 
► Paper-VI:  Optional Subject - Paper I 
► Paper-VII: Optional Subject - Paper-II (A Candidate can also take up literature as an optional subject)

UPSC Personality Test:

The last stage of selection is the interview for 275 marks. The final list of selection will be based on the UPSC Mains Exam and Interview.

upsc
Practica simulacro de prueba para
upsc