West Bengal Police Recruitment: WB Police ConstableExamDetails, Insights and Pattern
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has invited online application for the post of Constables in West Bengal Police (pay scale Rs. 5,400 – 25,200/- i.e., Pay Band-2 + Grade Pay Rs. 2,600/-). The board has listed a total of 5702 vacancies for constables in West Bengal Police (you can also download the detailed vacancy list along with the official WB Police Constable recruitment advertisement as a PDF file attached at the bottom of this page), out of which 2087 seats are declared as Unreserved (UR), 1263 seats are declared as Unreserved (E.C.) and 552 seats are declared as Unreserved (Ex-servicemen). While the rest of the 1800 seats are reserved for SC, ST and OBC categories respectively. Female candidates are not to apply for this position as the Recruitment to the post of Lady Constable in West Bengal Police will be held separately by the WBPRB. The registration process is online as well as offline and interested candidates can log on to the WBPRB Official website to fill the job application for the recruitment of Police Constables, for which the board will conduct the Preliminary examination soon. The last date for male candidates to fill the online/offline application for the preliminary constable exam is postponed. The process of selection forthe constable post will occur in six steps; first- the candidates will have to appear for an offline Preliminary Written Test that would be of qualifying nature, second-those who qualify the prelim phase will have to meet the physical criteria (height and weight) by passing Physical Measurement Test (PMT), third- those who qualify prelim and PMT will appear for Physical Efficiency Test (PET), which will test the physical strength of the candidates, fourth- after clearing the first three steps, then the candidates will be made to take the Final Written Main Examination, for which WBPRB will set the cutoff limit/qualifying marks that all candidates will have to achieve to move forward to the next phase of recruitment, fifth-after reviewing the performances of the candidates in the final exam, a list will be prepared of the selected ones who will be called for the Interview, sixth- a final merit list will be created on the basis of the marks obtained in the final written test and the interview; ergo, only the candidates who make it to the final merit will be called for the verification of character along with the medical examination and that is how the selection procedure will be concluded for WB Police Constable position.
How to apply: WB Police Constable Prelim/Main Exam
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board (WBPRB) has provided the interested candidates with two options to forward their applications for the constable post; that is, online as well as offline registration. The complete procedure to fill the online application as well as the offline application; as to how to fill the form, what documents to attach with the form, where to submit the form, etc., is explained in detail in the official advertisement released by the WBPRB, which is available for download at the WBPRB official website and also at the bottom of this page.
Selection process: WB Police Constable Recruitment
The process of selection for the constable post will occur in six steps;
First- the candidates will have to appear for an offline Preliminary Written Test that would be of qualifying nature for 100 marks.
Second- those who qualify the prelim phase will have to meet the physical criteria (height and weight) by passing Physical Measurement Test (PMT), height and weight of the candidates will be tested by using Electronic Machines of those who qualify in the Preliminary Written Test.
Third- those who qualify prelim and PMT will appear for Physical Efficiency Test (PET), which will test the physical strength of the candidates, which consists of 1600 (Sixteen hundred) meters run within 06 (six) minutes 30 (thirty) seconds.
Fourth- after clearing the first three steps, then the candidates will be made to take the Final Written Main Examination for 85 marks, for which WBPRB will set the cutoff limit/qualifying marks that all candidates will have to achieve to move forward to the next phase of recruitment.
Fifth- after reviewing the performances of the candidates in the final exam, a list will be prepared of the selected ones who will be called for the Interview that will carry 15 marks.
Sixth- a final merit list will be created on the basis of the marks obtained in the final written test and the interview; ergo, only the candidates who make it to the final merit will be called for the verification of character along with the medical examination and that is how the selection procedure will be concluded for WB Police Constable position.
Syllabus: WB Police Constable Recruitment
WB Police Constable Recruitment: Key topics For Prelim/Main Examination
· Civics. · Indian History. · Geography. · Literature. · Sports. · Indian Parliament. · Indian Politics. · General Science. · Tourism. · Artists. · Countries and Capitals. · Famous Places in India. · Indian Economy. · Famous Books & Authors. · Environmental Issues. · Rivers, Lakes, and Seas. · Famous Days & Dates. · Inventions and Discoveries. · Biology. · Heritage. · Current Affairs.
· Simple Interest. · Time and Distance. · Allegation or Mixture. · Surds and Indices. · Simplification. · Probability. · Average. · Volume and Surface Area. · Races and Games. · Chain Rule. · Numbers. · Stocks and Share. · Partnership. · Boats and Streams. · Area. · Logarithm. · Ratio and Proportion. · Permutation and Combination. · Banker’s Discount. · Pipes and Cistern. · Problems on H.C.F and L.C.M. · Height and Distance. · Decimal Fraction. · Square Root and Cube Root. · Compound Interest. · Time and Work. · Problems on Ages.
· Arithmetical Reasoning. · Blood Relations. · Number Series. · Directions. · Data Interpretation. · Number Ranking. · Statements & Arguments. · Non-Verbal Series. · Embedded Figures. · Clocks & Calendars. · Analogy. · Cubes and Dice. · Coding-Decoding. · Decision Making. · Statements & Conclusions. · Syllogism. · Alphabet Series. · Mirror Images.
· Sentence Improvement. · Idioms and Phrases. · Fill in the blanks. · Error Correction (Underlined Part). · Antonyms. · Synonyms. · Joining Sentences. · Substitution. · Spotting Errors. · Error Correction (Phrase in Bold). · Active Voice and Passive Voice. · Para Completion. · Sentence Arrangement. · Sentence Completion. · Prepositions. · Passage Completion.
WB Police Constable Recruitment: Exam pattern for Mains Final
Preliminary Written Test will be for 85 marks.
o General Awareness and General Knowledge - 25 Marks
o English - 25 Marks
o Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) - 20 Marks
o Reasoning and Logical Analysis - 15 Marks
Marking scheme: 1/4th marks will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong answer. 1 mark will be allotted for each correct answer.
Preparation tips for WB Police Constable Recruitment: For Prelim/Main
• You need speed to finish the online test/exam within the prescribed time limit, which is just one hour for three sections. Practice reasoning and mathematics problems by memorizing formulas. After each study session keeps 1 hour for revision of topics learned/practiced. Read on current affairs from newspapers, magazines, news channels, etc., as GK can prove to be a good scoring area if prepared well.
• Make mathematics your strong suit, practice questions to solve them within time to increase efficiency. The trick here is to mug up math formulas by heart, so they come in handy while solving a problem.
• Remember negative marking is a factor here. Therefore, try not to attempt questions that put you in doubt. Although, the prelim exam will be of just qualifying nature and won’t be considered for the final merit list as only Main exam marks and interview marks will matter, but you still need to secure the minimum qualifying marks in the prelims as set by the WB Police Board.
• Manage your time properly; give an appropriate amount of time to each section. Try to improve your time by practicing as many online tests as possible. Youth4work provides online mock tests will time limit attached to each question; this way one can learn to finish the entire exam within the time limit.
• Studying in a stretch for hours can be tedious and hard and also not so good. Therefore, try to study several times in regular sessions during a day. This will make learning easy and fun, also you will have enough time to brush up the already studied topics in between intervals.
• It is very important to maintain proper health, so you don’t fall sick on the big day. Give your brain an appropriate time to refresh itself. Don’t rush too much information into your head than its limit allows. Take it slow and steady. And get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
Youth4work Prep Tests
Online practice tests for competitive exams – are very unique and popular among aspirants. Aspirants can take self-designed mock-tests as well as practice for sections and topics separately. Youth4work’s unique and proprietary technology is helping lakhs of aspirants to reveal personal details on what are the strength areas of aspirants for any exam and also suggest how they can improve the performance.
Every aspirant is rated on a Rating Scale. The ratings of the aspirants change with every question attempt.