Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission operates under Article 315 of the Constitution of India and as its duty the Commission is responsible for conducting examinations for appointments to the services of the Union and the service of the State of Himachal Pradesh. HPPSC is the conductor of examinations for recruitment to state services in Himachal Pradesh and also advises the governor on disciplinary matters. Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission has already issued Administrative Combined Competition Examination Schedule on its official website. HP Administrative Combined Competition Examination will be organized to fill 27 job posts for various Government departments in Himachal Pradesh. These exams will be held in three parts, that is, first Prelims, then Mains, which will be followed by the final Interview round. HPPSC will conduct various competitive exams for recruiting the required number of candidates for numerous government departments under the state of Himachal Pradesh. The nature of jobs will vary from administrative level to technical level and each job requires certain eligibility criteria. Interested candidates must go through the official notification to understand the exam schedule, criteria of eligibility, nature of vacancy post and other important details regarding the HP Administrative Combined Competition Examination.
Exam Pattern HPAS:
Preliminary Exam Pattern:
Prelim Examination Process comprises of two exams, that is, Paper I & Paper II, that are held in order to shortlist candidates for the Main Examination that is held later.
• Mode of Exam is offline.
• Paper-I is General Studies of 2 hours for 200 Marks with 100 questions.
• Paper-II is General Aptitude Test of 2 hours for 200 Marks with 100 questions.
• All questions are mandatory with 1/3rd negative marking criteria.
• Question asked are MCQ types.
• Question paper is bilingual, in Hindi and English languages.
• Candidates need to achieve at least 33% marks in prelims to qualify for mains.
Mains Exam Pattern: HPAS
Main Examination Process comprises of seven written exams that include essay-based questions.
• General Studies I for 200 Marks
• General Studies II for 200 Marks
• General Studies III of for 200 Marks
• English for 100 Marks
• Hindi for 100 Marks
• Essay Writing for 100 Marks
Optional Subjects, any one:
Paper I for 100 marks
Paper II for 100 marks
The seventh exam is actually the interview. Each candidate needs to have secured at least 40% marks in compulsory subjects and 40% marks overall to qualify the Mains and to be eligible for the final interview. The interview round will be of 150 marks.
Selection Process HPAS
HPPSC has set a three-part selection procedure; the first part is the prelim exam, then the second part is the main exam which will be followed by the Personal Interview in the third part. Aspirants who qualify the prelim round will be allowed to appear for the mains exam and then the candidates shortlisted after mains will be called for the final stage, that is, the interview.
• Part I: Preliminary exam
• Part II: Main Examination
• Part III: Personal Interview
Eligibility Criteria HPAS
The detailed syllabus for both Prelim and Main exam is easily available for downloading on the HPPSC official website. However, the summary of important topics is laid down below (paper wise).
Paper-I General Studies
· History, geography, political, art & culture and socio-economic development of Himachal Pradesh.
· Currents events of national and international importance.
· History of India and Indian national movement.
· Indian and World Geography-physical, social, economic geography of India and the world.
· Indian polity and governance –Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc.
· Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.
· General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
· General science.
Paper-II Aptitude Test
· Interpersonal skills including communication skills
· Logical reasoning and analytical ability
· Decision making and problem solving
· General mental ability
· Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level).
· English Language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Tips and Tricks: HPAS
With people applying for HPAS is in lakhs, it became really difficult to crack but all you need to do is follow these tricks and tips to succeed:
· Take Mock tests online to know your Strengths’ and Weakness.
· You must have the knowledge of General Studies like history, polity, geography, technology and much more.
· Must have knowledge of Aptitude like Problem Solving, syllogism and more.
· Must have the knowledge of Hindi & English like Proverb, Authors and more.
· For better knowledge, consult books like Lucent, NCERT, and Pratiyogita Darpan & Himachal Pradesh Special Book.
· Solve last years’ question papers in order to know what to expect and it will test your speed as well as accuracy.
· Wrong answers will have 1/3rd negative markings.
· Prepare yourself with the timing of the exam so that you will able to finish well in time.
· Refer books, make notes as well online portals to know where you stand.
· Read all the instructions before going for examinations.
· Keep yourself away from distractions like Televisions and Mobile Phones.
· Always save time for revision.
· Don’t be anxious and before going to examination hall eat properly, have proper sleep and just relax.
Youth4work Prep Tests
Online practice tests for competitive exams – are very unique and popular among aspirants. Aspirants can take self-designed mock-tests as well as practice for sections and topics separately. Youth4work’s unique and proprietary technology is helping lakhs of aspirants to reveal personal details on what are the strength areas of aspirants for any exam and also suggest how they can improve the performance. Every aspirant is rated on a Rating Scale. The ratings of the aspirants change with every question attempt.