The Union Public Service Commission or UPSC is India's central agency which conducts Civil Services Exams for the post of Indian Administrative service(IAS), Indian Foreign Service(IFS), Indian Police Service(IPS) and many others.
The exam is held in three phases-Preliminary,mains and personality test once in every year.Eligibility CriteriaNationality:
You must be an Indian Citizen.Qualification:
You must hold a bachelor degree from a recognized university or candidates awaiting for result can also apply.Age Limit :· Your minimum age should be 21 years and maximum 32 years
· If you are SC/ST candidate,,Defence Services personnl then this limit is relaxable upto 5 years(i.e 37 years)
· for OBC upto 3 years(35 years)
· For PH 10yrs(42 years)
· In case of Disabled serviceman disabled from duty
o General-37 years
o Obc-38 years
o SC/ST-40 years
· In case of J&k domicile
o General-37 years
o Obc-40 years
o SC/ST-42 years
o PH-50years Exam Pattern
· Offline mode test
· consists of two papers:General Studies and CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test) carrying 200 marks each.
· 2 marks are given for each correct answer and 1/3 marks for deducted for each wrong answer.
Main Exam consists of two qualifying exams and seven papers carrying 250 marks each for merit.
Personality test which consists of 275 marksTips and Tricks
· Keep yourself updated with current affairs
· Attempt your paper smartly.Try not to loose marks in negative marking.
· Keep your concepts/basics strong.
· Practice mock tests once you feel you are done with your syllabus.For mock tests ,I would recommend you Youth4work prep tests.The link is given in the description.It contains variety of questions which will help you to increase your knowledge and boost up your confidence.Practice as much tests as you can as “Practice makes the man perfect”. How to apply?
The registration fees is Rs.100 and for female,SC/ST and PH,there is no fees.
Watch our youtube video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VafqEP3L5B8&list=PLKQu-ix31TLK5NGOcxRW_v2RcLgh4-BxI&index=3