Aspirants who are willing to perform brave feet for their country can apply for Indian Air Force X Group Exam. Indian Air Force invites the online applications from the candidates who are unmarried males, to join the Indian Air Force as Airmen in Group X Trades (Except Education Instructor Trade). The selection procedure consists of three phases. Phase 1 consists of two online tests, one will be of 60 minutes, comprising of English, Physics, and Mathematics according to 10+2 syllabus and other will be of 85 minutes, comprising of English, Physics, and Mathematics according to 10+2 syllabus, and, Reasoning and General Awareness. Phase 2 consists of the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Adaptability Test-1 and Adaptability Test-2. Phase 3 consists of Medical Examination designated at Medical Boarding Centre (MBC). As per the eligibility criteria, the candidate must be born between 14 July 1998 and 26 June 2002 (both days inclusive) and must have passed the intermediate (10+2) level with English, Mathematics, and Physics.
Submission of Online Application for Indian Air Force X Group Exam
The mode of filling the application form is strictly in online mode and no other procedure of filling the application form will be accepted. All the candidates should read the instructions, as to how to fill the online application form, carefully before filling the application form. Also, aspirants should keep all the required documents in the digital form (scanned copies) ready beforehand.
Eligibility for Indian Air Force X Group Exam
Nationality / Citizenship: The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
Age of the candidate:
The candidate must be born between 14 July 1998 and 26 June 2002 (both days inclusive)
No age relaxation
The candidate must have completed the intermediate (10+2) level with English, Mathematics, and Physics as subjects and must have passed 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
The candidate must have completed a 3-year diploma in Engineering from any stream and must have passed from Government recognized Polytechnic Institute with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Height (minimum): 152.5 cms
Chest (minimum): 5 cm
Weight: Proportionate to height and age
Dental: Healthy gums, minimum 14 dental points and a good set of teeth
Hearing: Should have normal hearing
Corneal Surgery: Not acceptable
Health: Should be of normal anatomy
Permanent body tattoos not permitted (except on inner face of the forearms, back, and Tribals with tattoos as per their customs and traditions)
Indian Air Force X Group Exam: Exam pattern/Selection Process Phase 1
Indian Air Force X Group Exam: Exam pattern/Selection Process Phase 2
Medical Examination at Medical Boarding Centre (MBC) on the specified date.
Provisional Select List (PSL)
The Provisional Select List will be prepared after the Selection Test is completed and will be displayed at all The Airmen Selection Centres (ASCs) and on the official website.
The final list of candidates will be displayed on the official website.
Preparation tips for Indian Air Force X Group Exam
· You need to finish 5 sections of Indian Air Force X Group Exam within 85 minutes, which means you need speed with accuracy in order to attempt 100 questions in total. The more you practice, the better chances you have of acing this exam.
· Make mathematics and reasoning your strong subjects, practice questions to solve them within time to increase efficiency. You should lay emphasis not on mugging up the formulas but instead try understanding the concepts, so, you can modify the formulas according to the question requirement.
· Remember negative marking is not a factor here. Therefore, try to attempt questions all the questions.
· Manage your time properly; give an appropriate amount of time to each section. Try to improve your time by practicing as many online tests as possible. Youth4work provides online mock tests will time limit attached to each question; this way one can learn to finish the entire exam within the time limit.
· Studying in a stretch for hours can be tedious and hard and also not so good. Therefore, try to study at several times in regular sessions during a day. This will make learning easy and fun, also you will have enough time to brush up the already studied topics in between intervals.
· It is very important to maintain proper health, so you don’t fall sick on the big day. Give your brain an appropriate time to refresh itself. Don’t rush too much information into your head than its limit allows. Take it slow and steady. And get at least eight hours of sleep each night.
Syllabus: Indian Air Force X Group Exam
Gravitation, Kinematics, Principles of communication, Work, energy, and power, Heat and thermodynamics, Magnetic effect of current and magnetism, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Physical world and measurement, Laws of motion, Electromagnetic Waves, Solids and semiconductors devices, Solids and semiconductors devices, Motion of system of particles & rigid body, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Oscillation, Heat and thermodynamics, Waves, Electrostatic, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction alternating current, Optics, Atomic Nucleus
Differentiation, Function, limit, and continuity, Indefinite integrals, Boolean Algebra, Applications of derivatives, Sets relations and functions, Cartesian system of rectangular coordinates, Circles and family of circles, Quadratic equations and linear in equations, Inverse trigonometric functions, Probability, Trigonometric functions, Statistics, Definite integrals Solutions of triangle, Mathematical induction, Family of lines, Exponential and logarithm series , Matrices and determinants, Straight line, Conic sections, Sequences and series, Complex numbers, Permutations and combinations, Function, limit, and continuity, Matrices and determinants, Differential equation Logarithm, Mathematical logic, Binomial theorems
Comprehension, Composition, Grammar, Idioms and Phrases, Direct/Indirect sentences: Narration change, Active and Passive Voices
Number Series, Non-Verbal Series, Coding-Decoding, Directions, Number Ranking, Alphabet Series, Arithmetical Reasoning, Analogy, Decision Making, Blood Relations, Clocks & Calendars, Mirror Images, Cubes and Dice, Embedded Figures
Indian Constitution, Awards and Honors, Books, Culture, History, Current events, Current Affairs – National & International, Sports and Games, Geography, General Politics, Important Days, Economic Scene, Books and Authors, Abbreviations, Science – Inventions & Discoveries, Important Financial & Economic News
Youth4work Prep Tests
Online practice tests for competitive exams – are very unique and popular among aspirants. Aspirants can take self-designed mock-tests as well as practice for sections and topics separately. Youth4work’s unique and proprietary technology is helping lakhs of aspirants to reveal personal details on what are the strength areas of aspirants for any exam and also suggest how they can improve the performance.
Following are interesting insights from nearly lakhs of question attempts on NDA exam practice tests on Youth4work. Every aspirant is rated on a Rating Scale. The ratings of the aspirants change with every question attempt.