Advantages of DBMS -
* It represents complex relationships among different data items.
* Keeps a tight control on data redundancy.
* Enforces user defined rules to ensure the integrity of data in a table form.
* Maintains data dictionary for the storage of information pertaining to data fields and data manipulation.
* Ensures that data can be shared across all applications.
* Enforces data access authorization.
* Has an automatic intelligent backup and recovery procedure of data.
* Has different interfaces through which users can manipulate data.