UPSC Eligibility Criteria:
Union Public Service Commission conducts a common exam for various posts in Indian Administration such as IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS. The applicants are advised to see the eligibility criteria first, they must fulfill the criteria to clear the first step.
The complete eligibility criteria of UPSC Exam is as mentioned here:
1. The candidate must be an Indian Citizen to apply for UPSC Exam for IAS and IPS.
2. The candidates of different nations such as Nepal, Bhutan, refugees of Tibet(who came to India to permanently settle before January 01, 1962) can apply for this exam.
3. People of Indian origin who have migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India shall be given a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
► Age Criteria:
1. A candidate should be at the age of 21 years - 32 years old.
2. The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable according to the guidelines of Government
■ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST): 5 Years
■ Other Backward Classes (OBC): 3 Years
■ Defence Services personnel: 3 Years
■ Ex-servicemen (Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service): 5 years
■ Blind, deaf-mute, and orthopedically handicapped persons: 10 Years
► Educational Qualifications:
1. The candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree from the recognized universities.
2. Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results or those who are yet to appear for the qualifying examination are also eligible for the Preliminary Examination. They have to provide proof of passing the said examination along with the application for the Mains Examination.
3. Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government or its equivalent are also eligible to apply.
4. Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However, they must present a certificate from the concerned University that they have passed the final professional medical examination